I love Target! I am always there buying something. A card, diapers, milk, school supplies, toys, board games, bedding, etc and then I get to reward myself for checking one more thing off my to-do list by buying a caffeinated beverage at Starbucks. So the other day I was shopping at Target and was pleasantly surprised to find some neat educational products that I hadn't seen before in the aisles. I think their favorite was the flip notebook of Hidden Pictures that came with stickers by Highlights.
Another great idea when eatting out with kids, is to use the seating arrangements of the restaurant as math word problems. This is a fun way to practice math skills. For instance, ask questions such as:
- How many chairs do we have?
- How many people can sit here?
- How many people are seated in this row?
- How many more can be added?
- If there are three rows of booths with six booths each how many booths is that?
- If each booth sits 4-6 people, then what is the maximum occupancy of customers?